Registered & Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist
Author & Freelance Health Writer
Certified Diabetes Care & Education Specialist
LivingUpp™ founder STACY FISHER, RDN, LD, CDCES is a registered dietitian with 20+ years of experience in the healthcare industry. She teaches women how to use a self-care planning system to create more ease and better health through online courses, private coaching, and an online membership community. Stacy is the author of The Lifestyle Design Planner, a life organizer that helps women design a life they love.
STACY FISHER, RDN, LD, CDCES is the founder of LivingUpp™, a lifestyle design company that helps women live with more ease and better health, using a proprietary self-care planning system. Stacy is a registered dietitian nutritionist, certified diabetes care and education specialist, lifestyle coach, and author with 20+ years of experience in the healthcare industry. She has worked in private practice, in medical facilities, and with large companies such as Dell, Boeing, and Nike. Stacy has been published in The Costco Connection and is the author of three books, her most recent being The Lifestyle Design Planner, a life organizer that helps women design a life they love.
Stacy has over 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry as a registered dietitian.
At WebMD, Stacy managed Boeing's onsite health coaching team at several locations throughout the United States.
Stacy's unique approach to coaching incorporates both the training she received in formal coaching certification programs through ACE and Wellcoaches, as well as her extensive experience as a healthcare provider.
Interested in private lifestyle coaching? Let's chat.
Training & Education
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) are food and nutrition experts who have met the following criteria to earn the RDN credential: 1) Completed a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree at a US regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2) Completed an ACEND-accredited supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation or combined with undergraduate or graduate studies. Typically, a practice program will run six to 12 months in length, 3) Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), and 4) Complete continuing professional educational requirements to maintain registration.
Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist
Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (CDCESs) under the the Certification Board for Diabetes Care and Education (CBDCE) must be a) A clinical psychologist, registered nurse, occupational therapist, optometrist, pharmacist, physical therapist, physician (M.D. or D.O.), or podiatrist holding a current, active, unrestricted license from the United States or its territories; OR b) A dietitian or dietitian nutritionist holding active registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, physician assistant holding active registration with the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, clinical exercise professional holding active certification with American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) as a Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM CEP), previously known as ASCM Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist, clinical exercise professional holding active certification with the ACSM as a Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist® (ACSM RCEP), health educator holding active certification as a Master Certified Health Education Specialist with the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing; OR c) A health professional with a master’s degree or higher in social work from a United States college or university accredited by a nationally recognized regional accrediting body. It also requires a minimum of 2 years of professional practice experience within a health-related field (as noted above) and a minimum of 1000 hours of diabetes self-management education (DSME) experience, along with a certification examination.
In 2016, Stacy completed the Wellcoaches Certified Health and Wellness Coach training program, and she has also completed the ACE health coach certification.
Level 1 & 2 Certificates of Training in Adult Weight Management
The Commission on Dietetic Registration’s Certificates of Training in Adult Weight Management are intensive programs that provide in-depth training related to the treatment of adult weight management, and include topics such as pathophysiology, dietary modifications, physical activity, pharmacotherapy, appetite regulation, intensive behavioral treatment, bariatric surgery implications and complications, relapse prevention, weight maintenance and counseling strategies. Stacy completed the Level 1 certificate of training in 2003, and Level 2 in 2014.
Stacy obtained the Heartsaver® CPR AED certification through CPR Seattle, an American Heart Association partner.
Stacy has served as a keynote speaker for large organizational meetings and conferences on the topics of lifestyle design and self-care.
Looking for a speaker for an upcoming event? Let's chat.
- I’m a Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist with 20+ years of experience in the healthcare industry.
- I’m an INFJ (if you’re into the Myers Briggs thing), which means I prefer curling up on the couch with a book over going to an all-night rager.
- I appreciate colorful language. I love puns. I’ve been known to drop an occasional f-bomb. For me, it's refreshing to hear people speak their truth without letting inhibitions get in the way. As long as the intent is to be humorous and not to be an a-hole, I'm cool with it. If you have a warm heart and a sailor’s mouth, then you’re probably my people.
- I want to be thoroughly used up when I die. I understand that this life is a gift and I intend to use my time wisely.
- I’m in a deeply romantic relationship with nature. There’s just no other way to say it. Growing up on a small farm in Ohio, I learned a lot from observing the natural world. Perhaps that’s also where I fell in love with nutrition. The garden has always been a magical place for me…an art studio, my sanctuary.
- I'm ever so slightly obsessed with chickens. Sadly, a black bear incident left me brokenhearted and chicken-less, but I'll have chickens again someday. For now, I've been volunteering at a bird sanctuary, where I get to spend time with owls and falcons.
- I won’t pretend that I have life all figured out but I'm doing my best, and I believe that if we’re all doing our best, that’s enough.
Freelance Health Writing
Stacy is a freelance health writer who specializes in the topics of lifestyle design, self-care, nutrition and healthcare reform.
She has been published in The Costco Connection and has served as a contributor for the college textbook Nutrition: Real People Real Choices.
Looking for support on a writing project? Let's chat.